The majority of homes in Waikele are low-rise, Plantation-style townhomes that hark back to the community’s agricultural past. These homes are set amidst green spaces and Banyan trees that add character to the community. Overall, the housing market consists of 2,937 homes distributed to 12 townhome developments and nine single-family home subdivisions, including:
Real estate in Waikele
- Fairway Village at Waikele is situated on the golf course, offering homes with green views and larger indoor spaces.
- The Village On The Green is located next to the 2nd green and its wide fairways. Homes are available in a variety of layouts, including single-story, split-level, and two-story floor plans.
- The Tropics offers an exquisite collection of two-story homes with two to four bedrooms. The homes in this development are available in 20 distinct layouts.
Development in Waikele began with Amfac, The Oahu Sugar Company’s backer, which envisioned a neighborhood perched above Waipahu and which offered views of Pearl Harbor. The first homes in the community were built along Lumiauau Street.
Things to see and do in Waikele
- Waikele Country Cluboffers exclusive access to a golf course with manicured greens and fairways.
- Waikele Centeris an open-air shopping center with major retailers, casual dining restaurants, and offices. It is considered one of the largest and most prestigious retail developments in central Oahu.